Friday, August 24, 2012

Move In

Well, I'm here! I am all moved in to college!

It's crazy to think that I am finally here. I have prepared for this for so long, and I am finally here. It's been awesome so far.

My mom and I left Massachusetts on Wednesday morning, to stay at my grandmother's house in Vermont that night. We packed the car up with all of my stuff. I breathed a huge sigh of relief when everything fit into the back of her Explorer! It was full, but it all fit.

My car, packed up with most of my stuff. 


My Little Sister, Me, and My Mom
We got to Saint Mike's just after 9am on Thursday morning. Our first stop was to pick up keys and my ID card, then we went into the gym, where there were a bunch of tables set up. I was able to open a bank account, talk to some different clubs, and get information from some of the resources on campus. 
Orientation Leaders were waiting outside the school.
Then, we went over to my hall and unloaded my stuff. Want to know what's awesome? I did not have to bring a SINGLE box up to my room. The O-Leaders swarmed my car and brought everything up for me. Considering I am on the third floor and have a lot of stuff, I was quite happy about that. I was left to check out my room.

The sign my RA put on my door
 Before I came in my room, someone warned me that my room was really small. My room is kind of at the back corner of my hall, so I have my own little hallway to it. When I opened my door, I was actually impressed by the size. It's not as big as the double rooms, obviously, but it's a great room for me and all of my stuff fit with plenty of room. With my mom's help, I had the place all set up and organized in about two and a half hours.

My bed and dresser

My desk and window


Stuff EVERYWHERE! 

Boxes, boxes, and more boxes.
We got to eat lunch in Alliot together, then got ready to say goodbye. Saying goodbye to my mom was the thing I was most anxious about. I have never been away from home for an extended period of time and I love my family. But when it came time, I only cried a few tears, and I haven't been really sad yet. I miss my family, but this place is also my home. It's what I have been working towards for eighteen years. I am exactly where I am supposed to be, meeting really awesome people, and having fun at orientation activities :) So overall, I am glad to be home ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment