Friday, August 17, 2012

Between Now and Then

Five days until I leave MA, six days until I move in.

Wow. For most of the summer I felt like I would never get to college. I would be stuck in this endless summer and not get to college. But now, with less than a week to go, it's pretty obvious that college is REAL and CLOSE. I'm starting to feel a little anxiety over making friends, moving everything, and missing my family. But, I'm sure that once I am at school and busy with orientation activities and meeting people and starting classes, I will be too busy to dwell on the anxiety.

I have a lot to do before I leave on Wednesday morning. Here's a brief timeline of what I'll be up to:

Saturday
My friend Amanda's Going Away/Birthday party! She will be attending Saint Andrew's... in Scotland! (Yes, that is where Will and Kate went!) It will be great to see her and a few of our other friends one last time before we all go separate ways until Christmas.

Sunday
Pack all of my clothes up and clean my room. I am definitely not the neatest person, but packing for college has made my room especially messy. So I must clean that up before I go! Also, I will have dinner with my family and say goodbye to my aunt and uncle. Goodbyes are abundant the next few days.

Monday
Finish packing everything and run around to get the last few things I've forgotten!

Tuesday
My last shift at work. I have worked at my job for over a year now and it will be hard to say goodbye to all of it! I work as a cashier at a grocery store, so it will be hard to say goodbye to all of the people I have met over the last year. Hopefully I will be back for the break over Christmas!

Wednesday
Have breakfast and say goodbye to my dad and little sister, then head off to Vermont! My grandmother lives about an hour and fifteen minutes away from Saint Mike's, so it will be way easier to be there at 9am than if I had to come up from Massachusetts. I will spend the day relaxing with her and my mom.

Thursday
MOVE IN DAY!!!

As you can see, I'll be very busy over the next few days! But it's an exciting, productive busy. It's surreal to think that one week from now I'll be at school and my room will be all set up. I'm so close!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment