Sunday, January 13, 2013

New Semester Eve Resoluions

Hello! I am back on campus after a (very) early bus! It's cold in Vermont, and there's some snow on the ground, but lots of brown and green patches. Not quite as scary cold as I had been expecting (for now)!

Classes begin tomorrow morning, so I spent the afternoon unpacking, cleaning my room, and getting ready! I am excited for my classes this semester, so I am excited to get into them. But, for now, I wanted to put out a few resolutions I have for the next sixteen weeks:

1. Get better grades. My grades last semester were not bad by any means, but there is always room for improvement! Now that I have the rhythm of college down, hopefully I will be able to score higher grades.

2. Spend less money on things I don't need to. Last semester, I found my self stopping in Cafe Cheray (a little cafe in the academic quad) to get tea or hot cocoa on the cold mornings when I was sleepy. This was a totally silly expense, when I can either make it in my room or take my mug to Alliot and fill it. I have brought back lots of hot cocoa mix and bought a new kettle, so hopefully I can make it instead.

3. Receive less spam mail. Okay, so this one is not really tied in with my life at school, but I think it's a good one. I get a lot of junk mail- companies I gave my email to once send me mail every week (Bed, Bath, and Beyond, I'm looking at you!). It's so easy to do this, you just have to hit unsubscribe at the bottom of each email.

Anyways, those are my resolutions! Hopefully, I can achieve them! Hope that everyone has a wonderful week. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me!

No comments:

Post a Comment