Thursday, October 25, 2012

Health Services!

So today, I took my first trip to Health Services!

Don't worry, I am not sick! I just wanted to get my flu shot. For about a month now, they have been offering flu shots. I kept putting it off because I hate shots and needles, but today I finally gave in. One shot would not be as bad as a whole week (or more) with the flu. So after I finished my last class of the day, I decided to head over to Health Services.



Health Services is located in the basement of Alumni Hall, one of the residential buildings on the quad. They are open every day and were super friendly in there. It looks like an actual doctor's office. I filled out a form that asked if I was sick, if I had allergies, if I had a blood transfusion this year, etc, and told them I needed a flu shot. It cost $10, but I just took the money off of my KnightCard (student ID). I only had to wait a minute before one of the nurses called my name and took me back to a room.

My nurse was super friendly. She asked if I was planning to go to the Halloween dance this weekend, and my other weekend plans. One of my favorite things about Saint Mike's is the community-- even the nurses are really nice! She told me it was a great idea to get the flu shot, since it's so easy to catch germs in dorm. Then, she gave me the shot, and it didn't even hurt that much. I was in and out of Health Services in less than ten minutes.



Health Services doesn't just do flu shots- they can see students for a variety of reasons. They are open every day of the week, and have awesome services like Nutrition Counseling and Psychiatric Services. Here is their page on the St. Mike's website. Have a great rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment