Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Four Goals for Summer

Summer is FLYING by! I can't believe I've been out of school for six weeks and graduated a month ago! Two more months and I'll be moving in to college! So I thought I would take a chance to make some goals for the time I have left.

1. Blog once a week. I really want to document my journey through college, and this summer is definitely the beginning. I will be going to SMC in July for pre-orientation, choosing classes, and buying stuff for my dorm room. I don't want to forget a thing!

2. Take advantage of where I live. I live about twenty minutes by train from Boston, but I don't go into the city very often. The MFA is free on Wednesday nights, so I definitely want to get a chance to see the museum before I leave. There are so many free and cheap things I can do in the city and I really want to take advantage of it.

3. Read 10 books. I really enjoy reading in my spare time, but high school took up a lot of time between travelling to school and homework and play rehearsals and such and I haven't read a book for fun in longer than I care to admit! Now that I have a lot more time on my hands, I want to read some books that I have not been assigned. I have already read three books so I can definitely complete this goal.

4. Try new food. I work at an upscale grocery store (thing Whole Foods type) where there is a really diverse selection of food. I am a pretty picky eater, but I want to try a few new things and expand my tastes. We have a really awesome produce department, so I definitely want to try some of the fruits and veggies I would have looked past before.

I'll let you know how I do with my goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment