Thursday, July 5, 2012

Fourth of July

I hope everyone had a great Fourth of July!

It wasn't a typical Fourth for me and my family. Usually, we go to my grandmother's town in Vermont where there is a really traditional celebration. My little sister and I help to decorate a float, everyone watches the parade from the town green, and there's a town wide barbecue after. Later, there are fireworks in a neighboring town. Rochester, VT's Fourth of July celebration is very Americana, and I look forward to it every year.

This year, my parents and I weren't able to make it because Fourth of July is on a Wednesday this year and we all had to work the next day. My parents went to a parade near by, but I slept through it. In general, I just enjoyed a low key day off, then made dinner for my parents. I made roasted potatoes and chicken, corn on the cob, and apple pie for dessert. Then I watched the Macy's Fireworks online.


I'm sad I wasn't able to make it up to Vermont this year like I usually am, but I'll be up at Saint Mike's in two weeks for SOAR (my pre-orientation) and then in seven weeks for real :)



No comments:

Post a Comment