Monday, December 31, 2012

First Semester: In Review


Hello, blog world! I apologize for neglecting you a bit over the past few weeks. I've spent my time working on finals, being really sick for finals (strep throat), coming home, and having some time to unwind and spend with my family. The end of the semester can be a really stressful time, so I am grateful to have a month off to unwind and recharge my batteries before heading back to campus for Spring semester!

But I thought I would spend some time summing up my first semester.

AUGUST
My VERY FIRST DAY- I only look calm!

Move-In Day... things were everywhere!
Mom and I after unpacking everything!
 August was the month of move in and Orientation. I had my very first college classes, and spent a lot of time hanging out with the people that live on my floor.


SEPTEMBER 
First Year Apple Picking!

My aunt came to visit! Class of 1996.

Colleen's first trip to Panera
September was when I experienced most of my homesickness. But, I got over it as I got more involved in school. I joined most of the clubs I am involved with, through club fairs and the millions of emails everyone sends out. My aunt came and visited me for Alumni weekend, and it was really nice to walk around campus and see what has changed since she's been there. I also became friends with the people I am still friends with in September.


 OCTOBER

My little sister slept over!

My stepfather and little sister play checkers in the Word Garden

Me, Colleen, and Ashley at the Drama Club Haunted House
October was a busy month! My family came up and visited me and I got to see them for the first time since August. My little sister and my stepfather had never seen campus, so I showed them around. My little sister got to sleep over, and it was awesome getting her to see what my college life is like. At the end of the month, I experienced my first Halloweekend at SMC! It's a big deal, there's a lot going on and it's a lot of fun to dress up with your friends.

NOVEMBER 

Erica, Collen, and I at the Quidditch Cup!

Katie, JLo, and Erica at Thanksgiving Dinner

My Thanksgiving Dinner

The biggest event in November, by far, is Thanksgiving Dinner. Upperclassmen talked about it for weeks, which in turn made everyone excited. And it was really nice to get to enjoy a meal with my friends. Also, in November, I went on a LEAP retreat. Through LEAP, I had a great experience and met a lot of people I wouldn't have otherwise.

DECEMBER



December was a short month, comprised mostly of finals, studying for finals, and in my case, being sick. However, I made my debut on the St. Mike's Stage! For their final, the Directing class has to direct one scene. I auditioned and was cast in Almost, Maine. I had a great time working with Dom, my scene partner, and Craig, our director. Here's the video!


Overall, I had a great first semester. I learned a lot, both inside and outside the classroom. I made friends that I hope I will have for a lifetime. Thanks for following along, I can't wait to see what second semester brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment