Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Housing and The Masquerade Ball!

Hi everyone! Hope your week is off to a good start.

I just wanted to update you on my housing situation for next year...

I'M LIVING IN QUAD COMMONS!!!!!!!

My new home as seen from my current home!!!!!!
How exciting is that?! I bid for Housing last Thursday, with the other people that are in G.R.E.A.T. Housing. My lottery number was not that low (1224) so I was expecting to try for a single on North Campus, not have the pick of the lot!

A quick explanation on how housing works for GREAT (it's similar for Honors too). Everyone that was G.R.E.A.T. this year and wanted to remain in it for next year bid for their housing last Thursday. We all had to be in Alliot after dinner. People that wanted singles had to be there at 6:25, people that wanted doubles had to be there at 6:30, and the people that wanted to go into G.R.E.A.T. Housing for the first time were after that. Everyone lined up by their lottery number. I was super surprised to find that I was ninth in line. We lined up in first floor Alliot and waited for them to tell us we could go upstairs. When we went upstairs, we had to wait outside the Vermont Room (a conference room) where they had floor plans of all the buildings set up. A handful of people were let in at a time and allowed to choose where they wanted to live. There were singles set up for G.R.E.A.T. on North Campus, some in Cashman (one of the Suite buildings), and a few in Quad Commons. I was psyched and after hearing my options, decided I wanted to live in QC! They initialed my room and then I got to sign for it and hand in my housing contract.

I will be in a four person suite next year! It's four single rooms, two bathrooms, and a common room on the third floor. I will be the first person ever to live there! I'm SO excited! Two of my suite mates are girls on my floor and I think we will get along well. I will be connected to the New Student Center which means I don't have to go outside to get to a fitness center, two restaurants, and a ton of other awesome amenities. I'm SO excited!!!

~
The other thing I wanted to write about today is the Masquerade Ball that took place in Alliot last weekend! I don't usually go to dances but since all my friends were going and I wanted to dress up, I decided to go to this one.

Candid! Alex doing Lauren's hair
I went over to my friend Alex's apartment and she helped Lauren, Rynne, and me by curling our hair. She's so talented with a curling iron!!! I got ready at her apartment and then we went over to Founder's Hall to Lauren and Rynne's room to take pictures with a huge group of people. Here are some of the pics:


First year girls: Colleen, Katie, Erica, Kristin, Lauren, and me!
Group panorama (I recommend clicking to enlarge!)
Colleen didn't go to the dance but she came to take pictures!

We went to the dance and hung out there for a few hours. They did an awesome job of decorating Alliot to make it look pretty. They had lights wrapped around the columns and ribbons around the ceiling. They even had balloons on the dance floor for us to play with.

After a few hours of dancing, we decided to go back to Founders and order some food- we were hungry! Alex, Lauren, Lauren, Rynne, and I enjoyed some pizza and cheesy bread. It totally hit the spot!!

The most delicious pizza ever

It's a really busy week but I'm powering through for Easter break. Hope everyone else is having a great week!!


No comments:

Post a Comment